Sunday, April 18, 2010

Need to Post!

I have a lot of intentions for this blog. It's almost unfortunate. There's a list sitting next to the keyboard where I routinely write down whatever comes to mind for entry topics, but I don't seem to be getting anywhere with actually writing them! I'd really like to get most of this down by the time the baby is here, partially as a way to remember for later, and partially as a way to remind myself that I'm not alone in this. I don't have any friends that I see on a regular basis who are pregnant or have  young children, I feel pretty isolated in all this. It really doesn't help that J and I share a car, so I have to drive him to work and use extra gas if I want to get out of the house at all.

Anyways, here's my list of entry topic ideas. Please PLEASE PLEASE comment on which you'd most like to see written about! It can be something you're interested in learning more about, or something that you have strong opinions on that you'd like to share.. or you could just be curious about my parenting intentions... whatever reason it is, let me know so that I have some reason or motivation to post!!!

  • Cloth Vs. Disposable Diapers: research and my intentions
  • Breast Feeding: research and my intentions
  • Baby Wearing: research and my intentions, with extra attention paid to sling recall
  • State of Midwifery in Illinois: research
  • Sentimental Fetus Post: basically a post about how i'm trying to love something that gives me heartburn and how it's hard for me
  • Gender Neutral Parenting: my parenting intentions
  • Baby-Led Weaning: research and my intentions
  • The Awesomeness that is My Hubby! because he rocks
  • Baby Shower: family issues and the difficulty of wanting a gender neutral shower
Anyways, PLEASE comment!! even if you never read this, even if you just glance at it, COMMENT! 

7 comments:

  1. I'd like to hear about your gender neutral parenting plans and your awesome hubby and daddy-to-be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shower! Have you looked into having a blessingway? Its a pretty sweet alternative to the traditional baby worshiping shower.

    But all of them. Fill up these last few months:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of them! But I'm really interested in gender neutral parenting (like...where do you buy clothes?!? All of the typical stores are ridiculously divided blue and pink) and a gender neutral baby shower.

    I am also interested in having a blessingway, but am already concerned about how some friends and/or family might react, particularly those who I know will offer to host a shower for me...I wonder if they'll be down for throwing me that kind of shower? Whenever the time comes, that is...

    ReplyDelete
  4. All, but in particular gender neutral parenting and baby showers! I'm wondering...where will we find gender neutral clothes? (I don't sew.) And...will my more traditional and lovely girlfriends who I am sure will want to throw me a shower one day be okay with the blessingway type shower I will want to have? Would love to hear your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh geez, glad to see my comments went through...I kept getting error messages so as you can see I did a bit of revisiting and retyping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, comments go through, I just have it set so that I have to approve them so that I don't end up with hateful messages or spam on my blog :-)

    And thanks for reading and commenting! It's been extremely difficult to find gender neutral clothing, we've just been going towards male-typical looks mostly because we find pink girly things annoying >.< I think that a healthy combination of boy-typical and girl-typical clothing will probably work well for us.

    And I have no idea about the shower thing... it's actually a huge issue with my family (inlaws mostly) who not only think that gender-typical, religious, and obnoxiously sexist baby showers are what's expected, they also think that somehow their preconceived notions are what I actually want (even if i don't know it).

    ReplyDelete