Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Library

Really pretty mural
I've said it before, and I'll say it again; I love the library. We end up there at least two times a week, usually more like three or four. We have a routine set for mornings that start with storytime at 10 am.


Board books = awesome!
 I regularly visit two different library districts, and have schedules for programming at a few others just in case something interesting comes up. We've seen singers, played scrabble, listened to stories, and crafted at libraries.

Giant red comfy couch = win!
 River loves all the toys and watching other kids play. Most of her developmental leaps and bounds have happened after watching other children do something.

River loves the toys!
After story time and a little bit of play time in the kids' area, River is usually pretty exhausted. I'll walk around with her for a little while, usually picking out new books for me (one fiction and one nonfiction), and then we'll settle in on some comfy seats in nonfiction. We have a regular little spot in front of huge floor-to-ceiling windows that look out on a nature area. River will either snuggle in right away for nursing and napping, or she'll lay on my lap, gazing out the window at the birds and little lake. Since it's in nonfiction, it's usually pretty quiet, and I get a good amount of reading done.
 
River is hamming it up after a boobie-filled library nap time.
I have to say, since I've been living at home again, it's been nice to have a place to go out and laze about at. Distance to a library will definitely be a deciding factor in any future living arrangement decisions, this 20 minute drive I have now is too far! I need to be able to walk there.

Other library posts:
Anyways, I just started a diaper service, so I need to go buy a trash can or something that can fit the bag they give me with the diapers :-) Adventure to Ikea!

No comments:

Post a Comment