Saturday, March 27, 2010

Me, lately.

   Upon reflection, I've come to realize that I have lost myself lately. Not that I had changed to make anyone else happy. Not that I got swept up in a crowd. Not that I had really changed in any overly dramatic way. Just that I had gotten lazy. I still cared about the same issues and believed the same things, I was just too lazy to do anything about it.

   So, this is Me. This is me reclaiming every part of my identity and making a point of being the person that I am even through exhaustion and stress and change. This is me vowing to tell the truth to myself and to you, whoever you are. Who am I? I am a Nerdy Hippie Feminist Housewife with a child on the way who Crafts and functions as a Jack-Of-All-Trades when I can get the contracts and the sales to help bring some money in. I am currently in the process of dreadlocking my hair for the upteenth time because that's what truly makes me feel like the Earth-Mother that I need and want to be.

    My husband is also a Nerdy Hippie Feminist Jack-of-all-Trades who shares my dreams of owning a small farm, raising Alpaca and our own food, and escaping from society. We have a sick tendency of saying the same thing at the same time and loving eachother until our friends want to puke. He loves and respects me, and tries to share all of the household chores evenly, even after a really long day of work. I have no idea how I got so Lucky.

    I guess I should probably share some pregnancy details too, since that seems to be all that anyone wants to talk to me about since I started showing... I'm currently either 29 or 30 weeks along depending on what evidence you're looking at, meaning that I have about 10 weeks left. The baby is female, but we've outlawed all pink and dolls and cooking toys until my daughter can point to something that she wants on her own. We are purposefully not influencing her in any direciton (OK, so that's partially a lie, we'll be influincing her towards Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and towards an open and accepting outlook).

No comments:

Post a Comment